Number of Girls reaching the expected standard (EXP) in reading at Key stage 1 (KS1) (9352) Metric type
- Help text
- This is the number of girls reaching the expected standard in reading at Key Stage 1 (KS1). Includes pupils working at the expected standard and pupils working at greater depth within the expected standard.
The KS1 assessments are teacher assessments for each pupil at the end of key stage 1 (typically aged 7) and are based on a broad range of evidence from across the curriculum and knowledge of how a pupil has performed over time and in a variety of contexts.
New key stage 1 assessments were introduced in 2016 to assess the new, more challenging national curriculum and the expected standard was raised. As a result, figures from 2016 onwards are not comparable to earlier years.
Local authority, region and the total (state-funded sector) figures cover achievements in state-funded schools only (including academies).
Values of 1 or 2, or a percentage based on 1 or 2 pupils who achieved or 0,1 or 2 pupils who did not achieve a particular level are suppressed.
- 11 Nov 2020
- Data last updated
- 23 Jun 2022
- Short label
- Number of Girls at expected standard in reading at KS1
- Output precision
- a high value is good
- Number working at expected level
- English reading Key stage 1
- Department for Education
- is found in the following lists
- applies to
- applies to
- has subjects