Percentage of the total local authority employee headcount who are temporary / casual, part time and female (605) Metric type
- Help text
- This is a percentage value based on the total employee headcount for the local authority. It shows the percentage of the total employee headcount who are temporary/casual, part time and female.
Headcount estimates are based on the number of employees with an employment contract who are being paid by the organisation. Employees can be permanent, on a fixed-term contract or employed on a casual basis. Permanent employees are defined as employees with a contract with no agreed expiry date or a fixed term contract of more than 12 months. Temporary/casual employees are those with a fixed term contract of twelve months or less or employed on a casual basis. Estimates are based on number of employees in the organisation rather than the number of jobs/posts.
Part-time employees are defined as those who work less than standard contracted hours.
Self-employed, contract workers and agency workers are excluded.
- 11 Nov 2020
- Data last updated
- 26 Jun 2022
- Short label
- Total employee headcount who are temporary/casual, part time and female
- Output precision
- not applicable
- Per cent
- Local authority employee headcount
- Local Government Association
- is found in the following lists
- applies to
- applies to
- has subjects