Percentage of girls achieving at least the expected level in the prime areas of learning and in the specific areas of literacy and mathematics at foundation stage (3647) Metric type
- Help text
- This metric is the percentage of girls in the area achieving an 'expected' or 'exceeded' level in the prime areas of learning and in the specific areas of literacy and mathematics in the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) teacher assessment.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Profile (EYFSP) is a teacher assessment of children’s development at the end of the EYFS (the end of the academic year in which the child turns five). The new profile introduced in 2012/13 assess children in 7 areas of learning covering 17 early learning goals (ELGs). A child is scored 1 for emerging, 2 for expected, and 3 for exceeded. Therefore the minimum score is 17 points and the maximum possible score is 51 points.
The 7 areas of learning are split into 'Prime areas of learning' (communication and language; physical development; and personal, social and emotional development) and 'Specific areas of learning' (literacy; mathematics; understanding the world; and expressive arts and design).
All English providers of funded early years education in the maintained (including academies), private, voluntary and independent (PVI) sectors are within the scope of the EYFSP data collection. Please note that those children not in receipt of government funding at the end of the EYFS are not within the scope of the EYFSP data collection.
Only children with a valid result for every ELG are included in this metric and national and regional totals have been rounded to the nearest 10 so may not add to the sum of all areas.
- 03 Apr 2020
- Data last updated
- 21 Feb 2020
- Also known as
- PHOF 1.02i
- 1.02i - School Readiness: the percentage of children achieving a good level of development at the end of reception
- Short label
- Percentage of girls achieving a 'good level of development' at foundation stage
- Output precision
- a high value is good
- Per cent
- Good level of development at foundation stage
- Department for Education
- is found in the following lists
- applies to
- applies to
- has subjects