- Help text
- DISCONTINUED DATA - Final available dataset: sch_2013_14
This is the total number of pupils with Special Educational Needs at School Action at state funded primary schools, based on where the pupil attends school. This is expressed as a percentage of the total number of pupils in state funded primary schools.
School Action is when a class or subject teacher identifies that a pupil has Special Educational Needs and gives help that is extra to or different from that provided as part of the school's usual differentiated curriculum.
Schools include maintained primary, primary academies, middle schools deemed and primary free schools.
National and regional totals and total SEN across Local Authorities have been rounded to the nearest 5. There may be discrepancies between totals and the sum of constituent parts.
- 03 Apr 2020
- Also known as
- % of primary pupils with SEN without statements – at school action
- Short label
- SEN - primary, School Action (%)
- Output precision
- not applicable
- Per cent
- State-funded primary, secondary and special schools: Number of pupils with SEN
- Special Educational Needs in England
- Department for Education
- is found in the following lists
- applies to
- applies to
- has subjects