Dropped kerbs and crossovers A to Z

Dropped kerbs (477) Service

The council may construct vehicle crossovers at the request of residents. Provision of crossovers may also include access protection markings which are white 'H' shaped lines painted on a road, in front of accesses to highlight dropped kerbs to other road users. There may be a charge payable for this service and in some locations, such as on major highways, planning permission may be required.