Civil partnerships A to Z

Notice of marriage or civil partnership (876) Service

Couples intending to marry or form a civil partnership must both give notice to a registration office in the district where they have lived for seven full days immediately prior to giving notice. Notice must be given not less than 15 days before the ceremony. The registrar will issue an authorisation for the marriage or civil partnership to take place.